Page 1 of 1
This course will help you to develop an understanding of your role and responsibilities in safeguarding children; and increase your knowledge and confidence in working with Buckinghamshire policies and procedures.
During the course we will look at:
- The latest legislation regarding safeguarding children and local safeguarding policy and arrangement
- Possible signs and symptoms of child abuse and neglect
- How to respond to any concerns you have about a child’s welfare
- How to work with relevant policies and procedures
- What ‘early intervention’ is and how this is arranged in Buckinghamshire
- This course is suitable for all those working in early years and childcare settings.
Childminders who are refreshing their training and have already attended this course should attend the new Childminders - Safeguarding Children for the Designated Officer.
Delegates will receive email communication from the trainer and must complete:-
· Session One – Half hour Introduction to familiarise using Zoom, meet with trainer and other learners
· Session Two – Main session for video presentation, reading materials, interactive activities and an opportunity for Q&A.
· Session Three – Assigned task to submit by email to the trainer
Please ensure to log-in to the main live session 10 minutes prior to the start time to enable all learners to be supported by the trainer and enable the session to start on time.
Instructions and a link to join the course will be provided by the trainer in advance of the Introduction session date. All learners will attend by Zoom video call as standard. Zoom is accessible on PCs, tablets and smartphones.
Please be aware, Zoom is not accessible via Buckinghamshire Council devices. To access this course you must ensure to have provided an email address which can be used from a non-Buckinghamshire maintained device.