Page 1 of 1
This course will help you to develop an understanding of your role and responsibilities in safeguarding children; and increase your knowledge and confidence in working with Buckinghamshire policies and procedures.
During the course we will look at:
- The latest legislation regarding safeguarding children and local safeguarding policy and arrangement
- Possible signs and symptoms of child abuse and neglect
- How to respond to any concerns you have about a child’s welfare
- How to work with relevant policies and procedures
- What ‘early intervention’ is and how this is arranged in Buckinghamshire
- This course is suitable for all those working in early years and childcare settings.
Childminders who are refreshing their training and have already attended this course should attend the new Childminders - Safeguarding Children for the Designated Officer.
Delegates will receive email communication from the trainer and must complete all sessions:-
· Part One – Half hour Introduction to familiarise using Zoom, meet with trainer and other learners
· Part Two – Main session for video presentation, reading materials, interactive activities and an opportunity for Q&A
· Part Three - At the end of the training learners will be provided with an audit of safeguarding practice which they will complete and share with their manager
Please ensure to logon to the main live session 10 minutes prior to the start time to enable all learners to be supported by the trainer and enable the session to start on time.
Instructions and a link to join the course will be provided by the trainer in advance of the Introduction session date. All learners will attend by Zoom video call as standard. All users should access via individual devices, Zoom is accessible on PCs, tablets and smartphones, when accessing training please be mindful of your environmen as some material is of a sensitive nature.
Please be aware, Zoom is not accessible via Buckinghamshire Council devices. To access this course you must ensure to have provided an email address which can be used from a non-Buckinghamshire maintained device.
This 2 day course will provide Paediatric First Aid training for Early Years and Child Care Practitioners to meet Early Years Foundation Stage requirements and as required by OFSTED.
Due to the practical aspects of this course e.g. practicing CPR it is recommended that learners wear trousers and comfortable clothing. A text book is provided for each learner on this course.
The same person MUST attend both sessions to achieve a certificate. It is a LEGAL REQUIREMENT of the EYFS that 'at least one person who has a current paediatric first aid certificate must be on the premises at all times when children are present' (Statutory Framework for the EYFS, Page 26).
This is an opportunity to explore the key changes of the new framework and what this means for you and your practice. Gain confidence and check your understanding of the inspection framework.
The course will cover the following main themes; quality of education, cultural capital, safeguarding, communication and language. We will explore the differences between behaviour, attitudes and personal development and consider how to meet the needs of all children, but particularly those who are disadvantaged.
The course is relevant to all practitioners and childminders, as well as, leaders and managers who will all be required to answer many more questions from inspectors relating to: Intent, Implementation and Impact as well as wider practice.
Feedback from previously attended courses
"Course has shown that we do many the things mentioned. Which is very reassuring."
"Celebrate the things we do well with all staff. Think about how ambitious we are and our daily routines. Happily we are doing many things suggested, which we will continue with."
For security reasons your session is about to expire. You will be automatically signed out in
To continue your session, select Stay Signed In.