Page 1 of 1
This half day course will tell you all you need to know about the most common childhood condition you’ve never heard of: Developmental Language Disorder.
Participants will be given information by a qualified speech and language therapist about the most recent research and evidence around this condition.
Early identification is key for children with DLD and early years practitioners play a crucial role in this.
The course will cover ‘red flags’ for EY staff to look out for as well as strategies and helpful tips on how best to support these children in their settings.
This course will take place via Zoom Video Conferencing to support settings during the Covid-19 pandemic until such times we can safely deliver face to face training.
This course will help you to develop an understanding of your role and responsibilities in safeguarding children; and increase your knowledge and confidence in working with Buckinghamshire policies and procedures.
During the course we will look at:
- The latest legislation regarding safeguarding children and local safeguarding policy and arrangement
- Possible signs and symptoms of child abuse and neglect
- How to respond to any concerns you have about a child’s welfare
- How to work with relevant policies and procedures
- What ‘early intervention’ is and how this is arranged in Buckinghamshire
- This course is suitable for all those working in early years and childcare settings.
Childminders who are refreshing their training and have already attended this course should attend the new Childminders - Safeguarding Children for the Designated Officer.
Delegates will receive email communication from the trainer and must complete all parts of the following:-
· Part One – Half hour Introduction to familiarise using Zoom, meet with trainer and other learners
· Part Two – Main session for video presentation, reading materials, interactive activities and an opportunity for Q&A.
· Part Three – Assigned task
Please ensure to logon to the main live session 10 minutes prior to the start time to enable all learners to be supported by the trainer and enable the session to start on time.
Instructions and a link to join the course will be provided by the trainer in advance of the Introduction session date. All learners will attend by Zoom video call as standard. Zoom is accessible on PCs, tablets and smartphones. For settings with multiple delegates a seperate device will be needed for each atendee.
Please be aware, Zoom is not accessible via Buckinghamshire Council devices. To access this course you must ensure to have provided an email address which can be used from a non-Buckinghamshire maintained device.
For security reasons your session is about to expire. You will be automatically signed out in
To continue your session, select Stay Signed In.