Safeguarding for New Designated Safeguarding Lead (Zoom Session) (Cancelled)
Zoom, Zoom Video Conferencing
Childminder / Designated Safeguarding Officer
Early Years Service
01 Early Years Foundation Stage
This course is for designated officers in group settings who are new to the role and lead on safeguarding children in their setting. It will provide the knowledge and skills to embed a consistent approach to the development and implementation of policy and procedures within the setting. It will focus on keeping staff ‘up to date’ and ensuring that the key message that ‘child safeguarding is everybody’s responsibility’ is understood by all staff.
This course will take place via Zoom Video Conferencing to support settings during the Covid-19 pandemic until such times we can safely deliver face to face training.
Instructions and a link to join the course will be provided by the trainer in advance of the Introduction session date. All learners will attend by Zoom video call as standard. Zoom is accessible on PCs, tablets and smartphones.
Please be aware, Zoom is not accessible via Buckinghamshire Council devices. To access this course you must ensure to have provided an email address which can be used from a non-Buckinghamshire maintained device.
Delegates will receive email communication from the trainer and must complete:-
· Part 1 – Half hour Introduction to familiarise using Zoom, meet with trainer and other learners
· Part 2 – Main session for video presentation, reading materials, interactive activities and an opportunity for Q&A.
· Part 3 – Assigned task to submit by email to the trainer
Please ensure to logon to the main live session 10 minutes prior to the start time to enable all learners to be supported by the trainer and enable the session to start on time.
- Develop a clear understanding of the role of the safeguarding designated lead
- Understand how local and national research, guidance and knowledge informs best practice for safeguarding children
- Recognise and respond to risks which may increase the risk of harm
- Explore tools that could assist professionals to create and embed a safe culture through the use of effective supervision and multiagency working together, in line with the national legislation and guidance and Ofsted requirements
- Understand safer recruitment of staff and volunteers and tackle inappropriate behaviours in line with local procedures.
- Confident in the role of designated Lead
- Know how to make a quality referral to First Response
- Work effectively with other agencies
- Create a safe working culture in the setting
By signing up to this course you are providing your consent to the email address you provide at the point of booking to be shared with the training provider to enable the trainer to contact you regarding this specific course only.
Reading material will be provided by email prior the main session
You will be required to complete an online evaluation form before you can download a certificate
Delegate feedback is very important for monitoring the quality and effectiveness of our training programme. Your responses will be used for this purpose only and will be treated as confidential.
Once your attendance is confirmed an automated email will be sent with a link to a mandatory online evaluation form. You can also access online evaluation forms for all attended courses from your CPD online user account under My Profile & Bookings, My Learning, Events and Events Attended.
After submitting an online evaluation you can download a personalised attendance certificate which will be available on your CPD online account. For any assistance email email@example.com
Wednesday 5 August 2020
Wednesday 12 August 2020
Wednesday 29 July 2020