Safeguarding for All in Early Years (Zoom Session) (Cancelled)
Zoom, Zoom Video Conferencing
Adviser / Consultant / Behaviour and Attendance Specialist / Bursar / School Business Manager / Chair of Governors / Childminder / Deputy Headteacher / Assistant Headteacher / Senior Teacher / Designated Safeguarding Officer / EAL Lead / Early Years Practitioner / Finance Officer / Foster Carer / Governor / Headteacher / Higher Level Teaching Assistant / Key Stage Coordinator / Learning Support Assistant / Newly Qualified Teacher / NQT Induction Tutor / Nursery Nurse / Other / Parent / Playworker / SENDCO / Specialist Teacher / Speech and Language Therapist / Subject Leader / Teacher / Teaching Assistant / Youth Worker
Early Years Service
This course will help you to develop an understanding of your role and responsibilities in safeguarding children; and increase your knowledge and confidence in working with Buckinghamshire policies and procedures.
During the course we will look at:
- The latest legislation regarding safeguarding children and local safeguarding policy and arrangement
- Possible signs and symptoms of child abuse and neglect
- How to respond to any concerns you have about a child’s welfare
- How to work with relevant policies and procedures
- What ‘early intervention’ is and how this is arranged in Buckinghamshire
- This course is suitable for all those working in early years and childcare settings.
Childminders who are refreshing their training and have already attended this course should attend the new Childminders - Safeguarding Children for the Designated Officer.
Delegates will receive email communication from the trainer and must complete:-
· Session One – Half hour Introduction to familiarise using Zoom, meet with trainer and other learners
· Session Two – Main session for video presentation, reading materials, interactive activities and an opportunity for Q&A.
· Session Three – Assigned task to submit by email to the trainer
Please ensure to logon to the main live session 10 minutes prior to the start time to enable all learners to be supported by the trainer and enable the session to start on time.
Instructions and a link to join the course will be provided by the trainer in advance of the Introduction session date. All learners will attend by Zoom video call as standard. Zoom is accessible on PCs, tablets and smartphones.
Please be aware, Zoom is not accessible via Buckinghamshire Council devices. To access this course you must ensure to have provided an email address which can be used from a non-Buckinghamshire maintained device.
- Consider the importance of safeguarding and child protection
- Understand current legislation and guidance and expected role and responsibilities
- Understand the range of possible signs, symptoms and indicators of abuse
- Understand what action should be taken to promote children’s welfare.
- Knowledge of the relevant legislation regarding safeguarding and early intervention processes in Buckinghamshire
- Confidence and a better understanding of their safeguarding role and responsibilities
- Aware of and recognise the possible signs and symptoms of child abuse and neglect
- Know what action to take if they have concerns about a child, following setting policy and procedure
By signing up to this course you are providing your consent to the email address you provide at the point of booking to be shared with the training provider to enable the trainer to contact you regarding this specific course only.
Delegate feedback is very important for monitoring the quality and effectiveness of our training programme. Your responses will be used for this purpose only and will be treated as confidential.
Once your attendance is confirmed an automated email will be sent with a link to a mandatory online evaluation form. You can also access online evaluation forms for all attended courses from your CPD online user account under My Profile & Bookings, My Learning, Events and Events Attended.
After submitting an online evaluation you can download a personalised attendance certificate which will be available on your CPD online account. For any assistance email email@example.com
Wednesday 5 August 2020
Wednesday 12 August 2020
Tuesday 4 August 2020